Monday, April 6, 2015

What would you stand alone for?

     Something I feel very strongly about is inequality, especially among humans. Like racial in equality and gender inequality. One of the current issues is gay rights in america. I would stand alone for this because I think that humans are humans and just because your gay doesn't make you less than anyone else. Even when hearing arguments from people who are against gay rights confuses me. A lot of people talk about god and how its wrong. I'm just gonna say it... Bull Sh*t! This is the whole racial inequality all over again. We need to look back on our history so that it doesn't repeat itself. During class we watched a man arguing in favor of gay rights, however when he started his speech with arguments not in favor of gay rights. Towards the end he pretended that he had messed up. He was reading arguments from people who were not n favor of colored peoples rights. He made the same point I did in saying that we need to learn from what happened in he past. For this I would stand alone with no one by my side because I know it is right. Laws should not stand in the way of love. People deserve the freedom of choice and they deserve to decide who they marry just as much as a woman can chose to marry a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment