Thursday, September 11, 2014

Global Race Issues

     After looking at the map I started to think. The map showed that the United States is zero percent racist. I don't think that is all true. I don't think its possible to be zero percent racist. Without even thinking we start putting people into boxes and simply based on their looks when we first meet them. That is being racist. We assume so much about people by seeing what race they are. I have never met anyone who has never done that or judged someone. Its simply part of human nature.
     Collecting this data would not have been easy. I mean there is so much human arror and it is very hard to be accurate with these kinds of things. Maybe the people do think one way but don't want to be seen that way so they change their answer. Either that or they don't want to admit they are racist or they don't even realize they are racist. I think that it is pretty much impossible to get accurate data about this particular topic.
     When I was reading the article what I was wondering about was how are the countries that are extremely racist just so racist. I mean I want to understand how and why. I don't care as much about wether or not they are I want to know why and in what way.

To me this shows how you or anyone can be anything. They don't have to be asian to be at the top of your class. You don't have to be black to get mvp for basketball. You don't have to look like anything to be anything. You ca't instantly know everything about someone after seeing them. You need to know them.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you really thought about the map and how it could be more accurate. Your video you chose and about how anyone could be anything really stood out to me. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you picked a great video and I totally agree with your response to it too! Great job Katie!

    ReplyDelete